Bring Smiles and Hope to these Boys and Girls.
Your financial support for free Basketball Smiles camps and Life Skills and Academic Tutorial programs will change these children’s lives forever. They learn good citizenship, self-respect, courtesy and that you value them and want them to have the best future possible.
These boys and girls acquire skills and the character that are the stepping stones for success. They find hope where there wasn’t any before.
Often, they go on to establish outstanding records of achievement at institutions of higher learning in the U.S. and return to inspire those who come after them.
The result is generational change.
Just look at their faces. You can see what it means to them to have opportunities provided through Basketball Smiles.
Won’t you help us make their life dreams come true? We can’t do it without you.
You have an opportunity to make your charitable donations count for today and for tomorrow. Join our efforts and build into the life of a child.
You Can Give Hope - Donate Today!
We Use Your Donations to Benefit The Children Directly
Basketball Smiles is a 501(c)3 non-profit and your contribution is tax deductible. Since 1999 our initiatives have brought smiles and hope to more than 12,000 Bahamian children who live in neighborhoods where 20% of all homes have no running water or electricity. Every dollar makes a difference and we carefully steward your gifts.
Not one penny of your gift will be used for salaries or a brick-and-mortar office. Our Coaches raise their own funds, too.
On average it costs us $350 per child to host Basketball Smiles Camps. Along with camp costs and outreach initiatives such as our Lace 'Em Up, here’s what we will do with your monetary gifts:
• Free week of camp for school aged boys and girls in Nassau, The Bahamas
• Free camp T-shirt, Baden basketball and school backpack for every camper
• Camp awards to mark achievement and build self-esteem
• Shipping camp equipment from the U.S. to The Bahamas
• Academic workbooks for Basketball Smiles Academic Tutorial Program
• Water and meals for campers
• Gym rental for camp facilities
• Camp security, essential in the very dangerous neighborhoods we serve
• Provide personal hygiene supplies to help the children stay well
• Basketballs and basketball equipment for schools and neighborhood programs in the inner-city areas